Privacy and Anti-Spam Policy
Last Updated on September 12, 2018
Your privacy is important to us. This Privacy and Anti-Spam Policy (“Policy”) applies to the Services operated by us and explains our anti-spam policy, what information we collect from you, including information that may be used to personally identify you (“Personal Information”) and how we use it. We encourage you to read the details below. All capitalized terms not herein defined will have the meaning set forth in our Terms of Service. This Policy applies to any user of our Services and visitors to our website (the "Site"). Dealyze, Inc. ("Dealyze," "we," or "us") will be the controller of your personal data provided to, or collected by or for, or processed in connection with, our Site or Services. We may allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities, over time and across different sites, services, and applications, when that user uses our site, service, or application. We may allow collection of a user’s personally identifiable information by an advertising service for the purpose of directing targeted advertising to the user while using the operator’s or a third-party’s site, service, or application.
We reserve the right to change this Policy and our Terms of Service at any time. We will notify you of any changes to this Policy by sending notice to the primary email address specified in your account or by a prominent notice on our website. Significant changes will go into effect thirty (30) days following such notification. Non-material changes or clarifications will take effect immediately. You should periodically check the Site and this privacy page for updates. You acknowledge that your continued use of our Services after we publish or send a notice about our changes to this Policy means that the collection, use and sharing of your personal data is subject to the updated Policy.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Anti-Spam Policy
- What Information Do We Collect?
- How Do We Use the Information We Collect?
- Do We Share Your Personal Information?
- Protection of Dealyze and Others
- What Are Cookies and How Do We Use Them?
- How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
- Your Choices Regarding Information
- Links to Third Party Websites
- How We Respond To Do Not Track signals
- Children Under 16
- DMCA Notice
- Your California Privacy Rights
- Users Outside of the United States
- Contact Us
What is our Anti-Spam Policy?
We ensure that you can opt-out quickly, easily and permanently from unwanted SMS communications. As set forth in our Terms of Service, you can do this by texting STOP, REMOVE, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, END, OPT OUT, OR QUIT from your mobile phone to the short code 35522.
We follow an ANTI-SPAM policy for all of our communications protocols. This means that we do not condone UNSOLICITED TEXT MESSAGES; NOTIFICATIONS; ALERTS; OR ANY MESSAGES THAT YOU MAY RECEIVE FROM SOMEONE WHO SHOULD NOT HAVE YOUR MOBILE NUMBER. Please let us know about any abuse, including the sender ID, your Mobile Number (to be removed); the date and time you received it and the contents of the message. To report any abuse or violations of inappropriate use of our service, please contact us with your comments/complaints. Your report will be registered and the Client will be investigated for violations of our Anti-Spam Policy. The identity of any individual reporting abuse will be kept confidential. You can email us at email@example.com.
How Do We Define Spam?
We consider any unsolicited, unexpected, or unwanted text message "Spam." We do not allow use of third party lists, whether consent has been gathered or not. We believe that any type of communication sent to you about an unrelated subject, that you did not request, to be Spam.
How Do We Enforce the Anti-Spam Policy?
In our agreements with our storefront and mobile carrier clients, our clients specifically agree not to use the Site or Services to send unsolicited text messages, emails, or Spam. In addition, we support opt-outs and maintain an opt-out list that restricts our clients from adding a mobile number to their list that has been opted out. If we suspect a violation of our Anti-Spam Policy, we will contact the client and discuss their options, which may range from a warning to termination of service for the client.
Spam Report: Opt-Out
If you wish to remove yourself from any list, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with STOP, REMOVE, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, END, OPT OUT, OR QUIT in the subject line. You may also reply to the text message received by using any of the aforementioned keywords. Finally, you may send a text message containing the word STOP, REMOVE, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, END, OPT OUT, OR QUIT to the short code 313131.
What Information Do We Collect?
We collect information, including Personal Information, to operate effectively and provide you the best experiences with the Site and Services. You provide some of this information directly, such as when you create an account or contact us for support. We get some of it by recording how you interact with the Site and/or Services by, for example, using technologies like cookies, and receiving error reports or usage data from software running on your device. We will only collect and process Personal Information about you where we have lawful bases. Lawful bases include consent (where you have given consent), contract (where processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you (e.g. to deliver the Site and/or Services you have requested)) and “legitimate interests”.
We collect, store, and use the following information, which includes Personal Information:
Information you give us:
- Your name, email address, postal address, zip code, country, telephone number, and any other information you share when you create an account on our Site or otherwise access our Services.
- Your responses to surveys that we may ask you to complete for research purposes or to help direct Dealyze activities.
- Other Personal Information you voluntarily submit, which may include your profession, gender, date of birth, your profile picture, etc.
- Any information you share when you contact us.
Information we get from your use of the Site and/or Services:
- Details of how you use the Site and/or Services.
- Your internet protocol address (i.e., IP address) and, if you access the Site or Services from a mobile application, your unique mobile device ID number and non-email authentication.
- Details of financial transactions you participate in on the Site and/or Services, including the amount, currency, and method of payment.
- Your social media account IDs and information shared with us via your social media accounts.
- Browser and device information and information collected through cookies, pixel tags, and other technologies.
- If you use our Site and/or Services from a mobile device, that device will send us data about your location based on your phone settings. We will ask you to opt-in before we use GPS or other tools to identify your precise location.
How Do We Use The Information We Collect?
We use the information we collect to improve the Site and/or Services, optimize our technology, and refine the experience of our users.
Namely, we use the information we collect to:
- Email, text, SMS, message via social media platforms and phone you to provide you with information and updates about us, our work, and our community, to make it easier for you to share such information about us with your social networks, and to answer your queries.
- Administer the Site and/or Services, enable you to use its features, and improve your overall user experience.
- To send information including confirmations, invoices, technical notices, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages.
- To respond to comments and questions and provide customer service.
- Analyze how users use the Site and/or Services using tools like Google Analytics, Mixpanel and other tools to help us understand traffic patterns and know if there are problems with the Site and/or Services.
- Create targeted advertising to promote the Site and/or Services and engage the community and our users.
- To protect, investigate, and deter against fraudulent, unauthorized, or illegal activity.
- To link or combine user information with other Personal Information.
- To compare information for accuracy, update our records, and verify it with third parties.
- To provide and deliver products and services requested by users.
Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We do not rent, sell, or share your Personal Information with other people or non-affiliated third parties except with your consent or as necessary to complete any transaction or provide any service you have requested or authorized. We currently do not share personal data with third parties for their direct marketing purposes without your consent.
To help us do our work, we may provide limited access to some of your Personal Information to the following third parties:
- Collaborating Organizations: Sometimes we collaborate closely with other groups to further our mission. In these cases, we may share your name, contact information and other details you provided when making an account with our partners.
- Affiliated Third Parties: We may share our subscriber list, which include users’ names, email addresses, postal addresses, phone numbers, social media IDs, comments, action history, with our affiliates and/or subsidiaries.
- Service Providers: We work with a wide range of third party providers, notably our database administrators, cloud computing services, advertising services, data analysts, application service providers, bulk SMS services, and other non-governmental organizations. We do not authorize them to use or disclose your Personal Information except in connection with providing their services.
- Payment Processors: We work with payment processors such as PayPal and Stripe to help process credit card transactions and other payment methods made through the Site and Services. These payment processors will store certain information about you. Please refer to their privacy policies to learn more about how they use your Personal Information.
We may also transfer your Personal Information to a third party as a result of a merger, acquisition, reorganization or similar transaction; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of the Site and/or Services; and to protect our rights or property. In such event, and to the extent legally permitted, we will notify you and, if there are material changes in relation to the processing of your Personal Information, give you an opportunity to consent to such changes.
Protection of Dealyze and Others
We will also share Personal Information with companies, organizations or individuals outside of Dealyze if we have a good-faith belief that access, use, preservation, or disclosure of your Personal Information is reasonably necessary to (1) detect or protect against fraud or security issues, to enforce our Terms of Service, (2) meet any enforceable government request, (3) defend against legal claims, or protect against harm our legal rights or safety, or that of our staff and/or users.
What are Cookies and Web Beacons and How Do We Use Them?
You may delete and block all cookies from our Site and/or Services, but parts of the Site and/or Services will not work. We want to be open about our cookie use.
Web beacons may be used to track the traffic patterns of users from one page to another in order to maximize web traffic flow. Our third-party advertising service providers may also use web beacons to recognize you when you visit the Site or access the Services and to help determine how you found the Site and/or Services. If you would like more information about this and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, please visit: the Digital Advertising Alliance’s website, http://www.aboutads.info/, or the Network Advertising Initiative’s website, http://networkadvertising.org/consumer/opt_out.asp.
How Do We Secure Your Personal Information?
We take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure, misuse, or destruction. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The safety and security of your Personal Information also depends on you. If you are a user, you are responsible for keeping your membership details confidential. Your account is protected by your account password and we urge you to take steps to keep your Personal Information safe by not disclosing your password and by logging out of your account after each use. We further protect your Personal Information from potential security breaches by implementing certain technological security measures including encryption, firewalls and secure socket layer technology. However, these measures do not guarantee that your Personal Information will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using the Site and/or Services, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
We retain your personal data while your account is in existence or as needed to provide you Site and/or Services. This includes data you or others provided to us and data generated or inferred from your use of our Site and Services.
Your Choices Regarding Information
You have several choices regarding the use of Personal Information on our Site and/or Services:
Changing or Deleting Your Personal Data. All users may review, update, correct or delete the Personal Information furnished by a user in their user account (including any imported contacts) by contacting us at email@example.com, or by editing their profile via the Site. If you completely delete all of your Personal Information, then your user account may become deactivated. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. We may retain an archived copy of your records as required by law or for legitimate business purposes.
Delete or Correct Your Content. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Your Content by accessing your user account (including any imported contacts). You control all of Your Content and any other User Content you upload. Content that you delete (including Content containing Personal Information) may be retained in archived or backup copies in order to enable you to use certain features like revision history and base snapshots. For instructions on how to permanently delete Your Content from your account, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that permanent deletion of Your Content through this process will impair or disable those features with respect to that Content.
Delete or Correct Personal Information. You may access, correct, amend, or delete Personal Information we have about you by logging into your account and navigating to your account page or by emailing us at privacy @dealyze.com. For your protection, we may only share and update the Personal Information associated with the specific email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before doing so. We will try to comply with such requests in a reasonably timely manner. If you wish to cancel your account, you may do so through your account page. If you do, personally identifiable information associated with your account will be deleted as soon as is reasonably practical or as required by applicable law. Please note that we may retain information that is otherwise deleted in anonymized and aggregated form, in archived or backup copies as required pursuant to records retention obligations, or otherwise as required by law.
Download or Access Personal Information. You can ask us for a copy of your Personal Information and can ask for a copy of Personal Information you provided in machine readable form by emailing us at privacy @dealyze.com.
Opting Out of Email or Text Message Communications. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our email list, you may do so by following this unsubscribe linkat the bottom of any email you have received. You may also email us at email@example.com to request to be unsubscribed at any time. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from our text message list, you may do so by texting STOP, REMOVE, CANCEL, UNSUBSCRIBE, END, OPT OUT, OR QUIT from your mobile phone to the short code 35522.
Marketing Communications. We may use some of the information we collect for marketing purposes, including to send you promotional communications about new Dealyze features, products, events, or other opportunities. If you wish to stop receiving these communications or to opt out of use of your information for these purposes, please follow the opt-out instructions by clicking "Unsubscribe" (or similar opt-out language) in those communications. You can also contact us at privacy @dealyze.com to opt out.
Links to Third Party Websites
By using the Site and Services, you agree that we will not be liable for any damage or loss caused by your use of or reliance on any content, advertising, products, or other materials on or available from these third party websites.
How We Respond to Do Not Track Signals
Your browser settings may allow you to automatically transmit a Do Not Track signal to websites and other online services you visit. We do not alter our practices when we receive a Do Not Track signal from a visitor’s browser because we do not track our visitors to provide targeted advertising. To find out more about Do Not Track, please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Children Under 16
The Services are not directed to individuals who are under age of sixteen (16) and we do not solicit nor knowingly collect Personal Information from children under the age of sixteen (16). If you believe that we have unknowingly collected any Personal Information from someone under the age of sixteen (16), please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and the information will be deleted.
If you own a copyright or have authority to act on behalf of a copyright owner and want to report a claim that a third party is infringing that material on or through our Site and/or Services, please send a notice to our copyright agent that includes all of the items below and we will expeditiously take appropriate action. Our designated copyright agent to receive such claims can be reached at email@example.com. This process does not limit our ability to pursue any other remedies we may have to address suspected infringement.
- A description of the copyrighted work that you claim is being infringed;
- A description of the material you claim is infringing and that you want removed or access to which you want disabled and the URL or other location of that material;
- Your address, telephone number, and email address;
- The following statement: “I have a good faith belief that the use of the copyrighted material I am complaining of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law (e.g., as a fair use)”;
- The following statement: “The information in this notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, I am the owner, or authorized to act on behalf of the owner, of the copyright or of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed”; and
- An electronic or physical signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on the owner's behalf.
Your California Privacy Rights
Your California Privacy Rights. If you are a California resident, you have the right to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of your personal information with third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes. California law provides that you have the right to submit a request to us at our designated address and receive the following information: (a) the categories of information we disclosed to third parties for the third parties’ direct marketing purposes during the preceding calendar year; and (b) the names and addresses of third parties that received such information, or if the nature of their business cannot be determined from the name, then examples of the products or services marketed. You are entitled to receive a copy of this information in a standardized format and the information will not be specific to you individually. To make such a request, please use the contact information below.
A Note to Users Outside the United States
Dealyze is based in the United States. The Site and Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States and are not intended to subject us to the laws or jurisdiction of any state, country or territory other than that of the United States. Your Personal Information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Site and/or Services you consent to the transfer of information to countries outside of your country of residence, including the United States, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your Personal Information.
If you have any questions about this Policy, your Personal Information, or the Site and/or Services, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org.